NOD Latest News
- Published: Tuesday, 30 September 2014 14:39
We would like to inform you about a few changes and updates within the New Order of Druids.
The first update is of interest to all students of the Bardic, Ovate and Druid courses in the Grove of Dana online Druid college. As of now, it will be possible to request a certificate for completed courses in both digital and printed format. The printed version is available only to upgraded members, as it was already the case before, but the digital version is available to all members, including the free ones.
Note that digital certificates are only available for free members if your date of course completion took place on or after September 1, 2014. For upgraded members, this date is extended to July 2007 (for both the printed and digital formats). You can read all the information and requirements at this link:
The second update concerns a decision we have had to make in relation to the NOD Circles (work groups). Due to prolongued inactivity in all existing groups, it has been decided to close down these circles. The discussion topics that were posted in the related forums, however, will not be lost as they have been moved into the nearest relevant general forum (mostly The Druid Inn and The Celtic Cauldron, depending on the subject). We regret having to make this decision, but we hope to count on your participation in various other topics of interest in the general forums.
- Published: Sunday, 13 April 2014 13:22
These past few days, you may have heard of several warnings for the so-called "Heartbleed bug". This bug allowed hackers to exploit an OpenSSL vulnerability among several servers, and steal login details (such as passwords) of several well-known websites from Google to Yahoo.
The question is: does the server of the New Order of Druids website (druidcircle.org and druidcircle.net) have the same vulnerability, and do you need to change your NOD account password?
The answer is no.
Priorweb, the host of the NOD website, has announced on their website that their servers did not use the vulnerable versions of OpenSSL. This means that hackers would not have been able to steal login details from any websites hosted by Priorweb, and that includes the websites of the New Order of Druids.
In short, you do not need to change your password on the NOD website, unless you happen to use the exact same login details on other websites as well, that do or did have that vulnerability.
Here you will find a list of websites that have, or have not, been affected by the Heartbleed bug:
More information on Priorweb's announcement (only available in Dutch):
- Published: Tuesday, 11 March 2014 13:13
The New Order of Druids is slowly but surely growing. We are happy to announce that a new Vernemeton - local grove of NOD - has recently been created.
We would like to welcome the Grove of the White Oak, a Vernemeton in Asheville, North Carolina, USA! If you live in the western NC area, east Tennessee or upstate South Carolina, you might be interested in joining, either formally or informally. The Vernemeton focuses upon Bardic and Druidic studies, and on celebration of the seasonal high days of the year. The Grove of the White Oak will be officially consecrated at Beltaine this year.
For more information about the Grove of the White Oak, you can visit their website:
Or read more about it on the NOD website: http://www.druidcircle.org/druid/index.php/en/nemetons/find-a-local-nemeton/240-grove-of-the-white-oak
We wish founder Finn the best of luck with this new Vernemeton, which is now the third local grove of the New Order of Druids. The other two are:
* Lady Angel Christian Bards, a grove inspired by Christian Druidism located in Topeka, Kansas: http://www.druidcircle.org/druid/index.php/en/nemetons/find-a-local-nemeton/232-lady-angel-christian-bards
* Nervii Nemeton, mothergrove of NOD located in Antwerp, Belgium: http://www.druidcircle.org/druid/index.php/en/nemetons/find-a-local-nemeton/190-nervii-nemeton
- Published: Monday, 29 July 2013 15:27
The Membership Administration and Webmaster of the New Order of Druids will be on vacation until August 10. E-mails or support tickets sent directly to these departments will not be answered until sometime after August 10.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Published: Tuesday, 09 July 2013 21:55
On February 1st, 2013, the New Order of Druids reached its 10th birthday!
Back then, we already announced that this will be celebrated with temporary discounts of 10 € on upgraded membership, valid between February 1 and October 31, 2013. The discount prices are therefore 19,95 € (1 year) and 39,95 € (2 years). These discounts are still valid, of course, but they are now handled a little different on the website.
If you are planning to upgrade your account between now and October 31 of this year (or your upgrade will expire in that time and you want to renew), you can apply your discount with this promo coupon code: NOD10
An upgraded membership with NOD includes a membership card and introduction booklet (first time upgrade), access to courses with mentor included, course certificates, access to the Oran Mór quarterly Celtic e-zine, and more! By upgrading your account, you help us cover the expenses required to keep our website and its services running each year again. Read more about the advantages of Upgraded Membership at this link:
How to upgrade with the discount price?
- In order to apply the discount, simply go to "My Account" - "Upgrade my Account". Then click "Upgrade now".
- Select whether you want to upgrade for 1 or 2 years, and click the "upgrade now" button below.
- Enter your invoice address (first time upgrade) and continue.
- In the field next to "Enter coupon code if available", you fill out the coupon code: NOD10 and click "redeem coupon".
- The prices near the top of the page will now reflect the discount price!
- Click "pay now" (for payment with credit card or Paypal) or "pay offline" (for payment with money transfer by bank) and follow further instructions to complete your payment.
- The discount coupon is valid only until October 31, 2013.
- The discount does NOT apply to family membership prices, as they are already discounts themselves.
- There will no longer be a free copy of the book "Spirit of Dán" included in a 2 year upgrade, as there are no more copies left.
Learn more about the upgraded membership at this link:
Also check our FAQ:
- Published: Wednesday, 19 June 2013 18:39
It was long in coming, but it's finally here: the brand new website of the New Order of Druids!
As you will notice, the website has been given a complete new design. The top menu covers all important areas of the website, and by hovering over them you will also see the related sub-menus on which you can click. Of course, there will be more menus and submenus when you are logged in on the website.
Here's an overview of what's new:
1. Brand new "activity wall" (now called "newsfeed") with features similar to those of Facebook.
2. A new design for your user profile
3. Improved private messenger and enhanced chat bar
4. A brand new "Friends Map" which allows zooming and connection lines between you and your friends.
5. Circle Forums have been rearranged. It is now also possible to "like" or "dislike" a topic on the forums.
6. Brand new Grove of Dana online Druid college (see below)
7. Nemetons Map: search on the map for a Nemeton near you
8. Enhanced NOD Circles with attached forum
9. Newly implemented NODCast - the NOD Podcast
A note on the new Grove of Dana online Druid College:
We have started using new software for handling our College courses. When you go to "Druid College" and "Getting Started", you will find a step-by-step tutorial to get you going on how to start following a course.
If you are already taking a course, you don't need to do anything different. Upgraded Members who are following a course with mentor on our old College software, can continue doing so until they have completed the course. They can go directly to the old College using this link: http://college.druidcircle.org/moodle/ (link also at the bottom of the "My Courses" page). If you only just started a course there though, we recommend that you re-enrol to start at the new college software.
Right now we are still in the process of setting up our mentors in the new college software, and copying over the last of the courses. This should all be completed in the next few days. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions, or you have run into what could be an overlooked bug on the website, do not hesitate to let us know.
- Published: Thursday, 06 June 2013 15:05
As of today, you can also follow the New Order of Druids on Twitter. You can find us there at this URL:
Our new website will go online near the end of this month, and will allow for further integration with Twitter and other social networks.
- Published: Wednesday, 22 May 2013 14:56
It is possible that you may currently experience the website as slow, or that you are logged out again automatically after a few hours. We are aware of these issues, and are currently working on a completely new version of the website of the New Order of Druids. This new website is expected to go online in June or July.
In anticipation of the launch of our new website, we would like to inform you that the following website features will be discontinued:
- Image Gallery: if you uploaded your own pictures to the general image gallery and you don't have a copy of them anymore, please download them again as soon as possible.
- Druid Blogs: if you posted blog entries of which you do not have a copy, please copy them to your computer as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Published: Friday, 03 May 2013 20:46
The book is called 'King Arthur and the Gods of the Round Table'. As the title implies, this book is not about investigating King Arthur's historical origins, but rather about his origins as a Solar God in the sky, at the head of the Celtic pantheons of both Wales and Ireland. What if Arthur's legendary 'Twelve Battles' are really the twelve Zodiac signs through which the sun travels throughout the year? And what if the Knights of the Round Table are mortal memories of ancient Celtic gods - of Wales and Ireland? Even the Ladies of Camelot, such as Queen Guinevere and Morgan Le Fay, can in fact be retraced to their origins as ancient Goddesses of the earth. The survival of these gods and goddesses in Arthurian legend stands as a shining testament of a story far more ancient, but by no means lost to us...
The book is currently available for purchase from Lulu.com at this link:
If you are interested in purchasing a signed copy, please contact the author directly. You can do so on this related website and/or Facebook page:
The author's thanks goes out to a few people for their valuable help to complete this book:
- Narcissa Mia for the cover artwork and Jules Mather for editing/correcting, both esteemed members of N.O.D.
- Karen Han for revising/correcting, head of the 'Arthurian Myths and Legends' Yahoo discussion group
- Yuri Leitch for his foreword, he is the author of 'Signs & Secrets of the Glastonbury Zodiac'
We hope you will consider to purchase this book and that you will find its contents to your liking!
- Published: Friday, 01 February 2013 15:49
Today is Imbolc, the beginning of Spring according to the Celtic calendar, but ten years ago, it was also the beginning of the New Order of Druids. It all began with a small and simple website with discussion forums, which were opened on February 1, 2003. From there, it has continued to grow into what it has become today, for which we should especially offer thanks to you, the members of N.O.D. who kept our community active, and who helped make all this possible.
In order to celebrate our 10th anniversary with you, we have some special news to share with you, so read on!
UPGRADED MEMBERS and contributors can use this link (make sure you are logged in first), where it will also be possible to download all previous editions: